[Amps] One PS, many amps

David G4FTC g4ftc at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 9 12:54:55 EDT 2005

I’m wondering if for triode amps the solution may be simply to isolate the
DC path from the grid to the chassis of each amp so as to prevent one amp
affecting the meter readings of another amp.

See my sketch at http://www.qsl.net/g4ftc/amplifiers/multiamp/multiamp.jpg

The decoupling “C” will provide the RF return paths for the input and output
but provide the DC isolation.

My concern in using a single PSU in a multi-multi contest station would be
that should a glitch occur in one amp, then the protection circuit in
shutting down the PSU would effectively take the whole station off the air.

David G4FTC