[Amps] 2006 ARRL Radio Handbook

Brass Pounder wf3j at comcast.net
Sun Oct 9 17:12:19 EDT 2005

> What for?  This hobby's on the road to extinction.
> Bob

Hi ALL,

I respectfully disagree: our hobby is just transforming.

"Year 2020, last full weekend of November. 23:55Z. Joe Doe depressed The Big
Green Button and turned The Station on. There were numerous green boxes on 6
vertical sections of the 31" TFT monitor. Each section represented a Band -
from 160m to 10m. Little green boxes, scattered all over each section -
stations, operating on that band. 00:00 Z - Joe pointed a cursor on a green
box and left clicked on the mouse - in a second the box changed it's color
to a red - !st QSO! Then Joe pointed the cursor to a next box and made a
left click on the mouse, then to a next... A half an hour later the rate was
1200 Q's/hr. CQ WW DX (CW) Contest had a good start..."

73!
Boris, WF3J