[Amps] Metron MA 1000b Misbehaving

Joe Isabella n3ji at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 10 17:09:51 EDT 2005

Also, try lengthening the coax between the amp & antenna.  Hi-Sierra recommends 20-25 feet of coax for their screwdrivers.  I have a HB copy of the HS, and indeed it makes a big difference in how it tunes.

Joe, N3JI

"Carcia, Francis A HS" <francis.carcia at hs.utc.com> wrote:
Noninductive metal film resistors can take a beating. I suspect you
have a ground loop or loose connection. The amplifier input is not tuned so
it should look like a passive load to the exciter. You may have lost a
bypass cap or ground connection inside the amp when mr. elk hit you.
You might try a dummy load to see if the tuning between the exciter and
amplifier changes to get a match.
gfz