[Amps] FL2OOOB

Mike Schatzberg cherokeehillfarm at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 11 18:19:04 EDT 2005

Hi Jim:

I would agree, that at HF the small amount of losses introduced with 20 feet
or so of RG 8 is pretty insignificant.  I believe strongly in the double
peaked, broad band impedance match theory.  As noted here previously,
Collins did specify such a double resonant impedance transformation device
for the installation of their amplifiers.

I have seen the effect of the "coaxial cable transformation device" many,
many times over many years.  The need for the device is increased now by the
use of transistor finals, with power foldback control circuits.  We also see
that final amplifiers which have unexplainable oscillations can be cured by
installation of this simple "device".

Can you point us to any publication which Dave Leason posted on this
subject?  I would like to see the math which explains my 44 years of
practical use of this concept.

Thanks Jim,

73 and Happy DXing;

Mike Schatzberg