[Amps] Dedicated 220AC Wiring for Amps..

Carcia, Francis A HS francis.carcia at hs.utc.com
Fri Oct 14 10:19:07 EDT 2005

Since most transmitters have a coax connector output referenced to chassis
ground. Say that chassis
Is not grounded. Some of the energy will show up as a voltage between
chassis and ground. I prefer my energy located between the center conductor
of my coax and the inside of the coax shield.
To reduce this voltage offset a good ground reference is required. Also,
lightning, since it is God's RF pulse needs a good path to where it is
going. A poor path results in lots of voltage across that path. To keep
God's system happy and the ham radio system happy a low Q low Z ground is
required.
Multiple connections and heavy connections make both systems happy. OH yea
your insurance co loses their excuse to pay if you ever get hit.