[Amps] AC Wiring 400 amp

Rich rdjmgmt at socket.net
Thu Oct 20 12:23:30 EDT 2005

Gentlemen, may I make an addition to the AC wiring notes. It took a
little talking to the power company but I had them install a 400 amp
transformer on my pole in front. It has a 380 amp commercial rating, 400
amps residential. I have a 400amp breaker with fuses at the base of the
pole. From the pole I ran 200amp service to my house and 200 amps to my
shack this way there is no worry about voltage drop.
I told the elec company I was going to install a mill, lathe and other
machines in the garage but I never got around to it after the 400 amp
service was installed.

Rich, kd0zz