[Amps] 4CX1500B vs 4CX1000A

Shawn Tayler amps at xmtservices.net
Sun Oct 23 17:35:27 EDT 2005

Hi Guys,

Sorry, I missed the posting of my question so I am resending it.

Has there been any discussion on the pros and cons of substituting a
4CX1500B for a 4CX1000A in a Collins 30S-1 ampkifier.  I am refurbing one
and the 1000A I have does not want to draw any plate current.  Having no
spare I was looking at the available 1500B's that are around.

Comments?

Also, I picked up a Collins 30L-1 amp recently and would be interested in
comments or insight about this amp as well.

Shawn
N7LQ

--
Mitchell's Law of Committees:
	Any simple problem can be made insoluble if enough meetings are