[Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 34, Issue 71

John T. M. Lyles jtml at lanl.gov
Mon Oct 24 12:43:57 EDT 2005

They typically use modern tetrodes such as the 4CM2500KG/X2274
(CPI/Eimac) or TH526 (Thales) to make this power. They are in large
coaxial circuits, the two I have seen are bigger than a small room.
Either individual amplifers feed each antenna or they use power
splitters and feed from a common PA.

Its 'conventional' tube technology, scaled up in size and power..

73
John
K5PRO