[Amps] Diode Identity

Carcia, Francis A HS francis.carcia at hs.utc.com
Wed Oct 26 10:17:17 EDT 2005

The 4007 is rated for 1 KV PIV / 1 amp but I think the 5407 does 1 KV / 3
amps.
All packages rely on the lead termination to sink heat from die. Old parts
books show the effects of termination methods on temperature rise. The
longer the lead the hotter the die. A short lead to metal post or large pc
board pad provides good heat sinking for those hot qro days. Plastic cases
usually have a quicker temperature derating curve meaning ceramic parts can
run hotter.