[Amps] New Vacuum Relay Supplier

Mike Schatzberg cherokeehillfarm at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 29 10:01:10 EDT 2005

Hello Bob:

I used two of the GH-1 relays in a QSK project for a trio of 3CPX800A7s, and
they work very well.  They are carbon copies of the Kilovac HC-1, and their
coils are interchangeable with the Kilovac coils.

Gigavac customer service was amazing, courteous and fast.  When the relays
arrived, they had shipped them with 26 volt coils, rather than the 12 volt
that I ordered.  I called them, and they shipped replacement coils that day,
and told me to keep the 26 volt coils for my trouble.

They switch as silently as the HC-1s I believe.  In the this project, the
blower is a bit noisy cooling the three triodes, and I mounted the relays
directly with the supplied hardware, rather than using silicone rubber
isolation mounting.  I can't hear the relays switch behind the blower noise.

The relays draw the rated current at 12 volts, and have been working for
about 6 months now, with no problem.

I have recommended them before, and I will use them again.

73 and Happy Dxing,

Mike
WB2AJI