[Amps] Buyer beware!

Paul Whatton paul.whatton at ntlworld.com
Sun Oct 30 06:15:40 EST 2005

Hi Dick

Thanks for the message.

I haven't gone as far as saying I've been ripped off yet (but it is
increasingly looking that way). Maybe I'm being naive but I really do
believe in the ham spirit. Over the 30+ years I have been licensed I
have bought and sold many things and if this really is a rip-off then it
will be the first time it has happened to me by another amateur.

I felt quite safe sending a postal order, especially since it was by
recorded delivery. I knew who it was, his call, his address and his cell
number. And he emailed me to say he received the money OK.

All of which has so far stopped me from actually identifying him. I'm
not quite ready to go public on this and will give him one last chance
to either send the boards or return my cash.

But after ten weeks of frustration I did want to mention it in here
because the amateur concerned is a member of this group and maybe I'm
not alone? It might just save someone else loosing their cash.

Thanks for the link to http://chat.qth.com  I had never heard of it
before. I'm off to have a look now.

73 Paul G4DCV