[Amps] Emtron DX14 or DX15

PA3DUV pa3duv at planet.nl
Sat Sep 17 09:23:58 EDT 2005

Marc, what's the point in upgrading from 2000 watt to 3000 watt? Nobody will
notice the difference.
As I see it a +6dB version comes first. However, that gap is already filled
with the Emtron DX4 with 3 phase PSU. (Luckily in a manual tune version)

In that respect the possible development of a 20-22 dB single tetrode amp
offering 20-22 dB power gain and 1500 watt RF out in class A( Emtron DX14 or
DX15 ) would put Rudi again ahead of the pack.

In my perception a 22 dB manual tune amp would give me a 12 dB advantage
over a 10 dB automatic tuned amp.

Cheers, Dick
PA3DUV