[Amps] RS-232

PA3DUV pa3duv at planet.nl
Sun Sep 18 03:03:10 EDT 2005

All the state of the art multi-million Euro machines in my factory
communicate using RS232. Comms problems would cause huge damages so there's
no USB.

The USB comms in my USB only HP E-PC used in my multiport Winlink PMBO
controlling 5 PTCIIPro controllers has caused multiple crashes on the comms
between PC and controllers. Obviously USB did not perform well in a high
fieldstrength environment.

I would rate the use of an 8877 and RS232 in a commercial 1500 watt HF
amplifier sound engineering practice. I am not so sure about multiple
processors in a 1500 watt box. I did not pre-order at the bargain
introduction price....

Cheers, Dick
PA3DUV