[Amps] RS-232

Vic K2VCO vic at rakefet.com
Sun Sep 18 09:37:38 EDT 2005

PA3DUV wrote:
>  Obviously USB did not perform well in a high
> fieldstrength environment.

Interesting.  I tried to use a USB keyboard with my shack computer, not
too far from the base of my 80/160m inverted L.  I could not keep RF out
of it when running a few hundred watts, even with ferrite cores on the
cable.  I went back to the old-style 'ps2' keyboard which allowed me to
run 1500w on 160 with no problem (of course, the ferrite is required).

It could just be the particular keyboard, but it makes me think that
maybe this could be a reason that Alpha made the choice they did.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco