[Amps] Emtron DX3 problem

HAROLD B MANDEL ka1xo at juno.com
Fri Sep 30 12:29:35 EDT 2005

Sirs,

The DX-3 in my hotel room that I also tried out at a number of cell sites
last year made a bunch of line noise in standby too. My Commander 2500E
makes
electrical noise and so does my '77Sx clone.

The fix was to purchase RF beads from a 'Web vendor and to wrap them on
all
the leads in the station, meaning a.c., data, speaker, D.C. power and
control.

Coax line chokes were also inserted into the lines to and from the
exciter
and amplifiers, but that was for RF feedback, only in transmit.

The beads did the trick.

Hal
W4HBM