[Amps] Plate Impedance, ARRL

R at contesting.com R at contesting.com
Thu Apr 27 05:28:35 EDT 2006

On Apr 26, 2006, at 10:49 AM, Phil Clements wrote:

> . My guess is the confusion
>> stems mostly from erratic editing of the Handbook. Certain chapters
>> are
>> chosen for revision and updating each year. Other chapters, even
>> though
>> they may contain known errors, are not touched. It might pay to take
>> several years' worth of Handbooks, cut them up, and reassemble them to
>> produce one relatively error-free copy!
>

> Amen, Jim!
>
> We have seen many examples of errors in the Handbook pointed out here
> on the
> reflector. The latest of which is the amp project in the 2006 edition,
> with
> the error in the step-start circuit.

When I was writing articles for Newington, the thorn in my side was
sincere - but somewhat electronically ignorant - employees who were
paid to make changes in manuscripts, or redraw schematic diagrams,
adding mistakes.  It was as if they were worried that if they did not
make changes, their job just might be deemed unnecessary.