[Amps] grid resonance

Will Matney craxd1 at verizon.net
Sun Aug 6 14:24:59 EDT 2006

Jim,

According to the manual on my Heathkit HD-1250 GDO, that same parallel circuit
is the basis you use to measure inductance and capacitance with a dip meter.
You use the LC parallel circuit and the frequency of the dip meter to calculate the
device under tests' value. You really need a precision capacitor to measure L or a
precision inductor to measure C. When you see the dip, measure the frequency of
the dip meter at that point and use that to do the calculation.

Best,

Will