[Amps] Tuned Input - IMD and efficiency

Phil Clements philc at texascellnet.com
Wed Aug 9 10:02:18 EDT 2006

> Nickel-chromium (resistance) wire is like copper wire with the
> resistor built in.
>
> “The combination of both resistance and inductance is very effective
> in limiting parasitic oscillations to a negligible value of current.”

Henry Radio came up with the novel idea on the 8K-Ultra. A large brass strap
was wound into a single turn, and heavily chrome plated. This serves as the
parasitic suppressor on the 3CX3000A7. No additional parallel resistor is
needed. I love those who think out of the box!

(((73)))
Phil Clements, K5PC