[Amps] Spam from Members of this List ...

Tom W8JI w8ji at w8ji.com
Wed Aug 9 12:06:31 EDT 2006

I think what the moderator was talking about are members of
this list who copy and save email addresses from the list
and use them to send messages to list members in bulk.

Although I didn't complain, I received several messages that
had a long line of list members attached in message header.
This obviously isn't an accidental reply to problem, but
rather intentional spamming of list members.

Good manners dictates not putting people on mass mailing
lists without their request.

Again, this isn't stuff mined from the contesting.com list
archives and sent by the usual spammers. This isn't external
spam at all. It isn't an accidental copy to two or three
people in an exchange.

It is intentionally generated spam sent to list members by
list members.

73 Tom