[Amps] Mechanical question

mike kendall ke6cvh at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 11 13:24:44 EDT 2006

Colin,
    I was wondering if there is a "next size larger tubing" that will fit over it like telescoping aluminum tubing for antennas.  If there is that would be the easiest approach for sure. Possibly, if there is not an easier next size up of tubing I could get a small bit of copper and use a drill press to drill it out with the right bit then slip it over and solder.  I would have to heat it up before sliding it over to try to keep the heat stress off the cold plate.
  73,
  Mike

Colin Lamb <k7fm at teleport.com> wrote:
  Hi Mike:

Always trying to do things with the least amount of work, what about using a coupling that is simply one size larger, then solder onto both lines. That requires no swaging, only a little more solder, less expense and less work.

73, Colin K7FM