[Amps] Question about TPTG oscillators

Peter Chadwick g3rzp at g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 30 10:37:21 EDT 2006

Bill said:
>Changing the subject, I hope someone somewhere is keeping and
restoring these old examples of the radio art. It would truly be a
shame if someday the last one disappeared.>

There is a military electronics museum organisation over here: I gave them the remains of the IFF tx, amongst other museum stuff of my fathers.. But a lot of the WW2 radar type stuff got pulled apart for bits. Some of the IFFs originally had demoloition charges, which were supposedly removed. One of the equipments belonged to this old boy: it was sitting in a shed in his garden in West London where it had ben since 1946 or so....... a few years back, police were called after the shed exploded! The demolition charge hadn't been removed and it had got unstable over the years. These days, all hell would be let loose about terrorists and the like.....
73
Peter G3RZP