[Amps] Pi-L Tank on TenTec Titan 425

Phil Clements philc at texascellnet.com
Thu Dec 21 15:41:18 EST 2006

A "fix" has been shown for many years in the ARRL Handbook, and others. You
install a small inductor between the plate block capacitor and the tune
capacitor. The problem is that some "bread-slicer" style tuning capacitors,
along with stray C, result in too much C for 10 meters even when fully
unmeshed. You just add enough coil to make the resonant point attainable
with the tune C at 29 mhz. Too much coil could screw up the settings on
other bands. Check out the Handbook for details.

(((73)))
Phil Clements, K5PC