[Amps] Pi-L Tank on TenTec Titan 425

Robert B. Bonner rbonner at qro.com
Thu Dec 21 17:24:44 EST 2006

You don't want to be physically modifying by adding coils.

The fix could be to bend the 10 meter section only of the tank coil
slightly.

It should only take 1/4".  For instance the difference between a 77DX and
77SX was we needed to stretch the 10 meter section of the coil up to 1/2"
longer in the SX... (and I did just a tad on 15 too)  The lower plate
impedance required less inductance (and more cap) it worked fine on all
bands but 10... so try a slight stretch.

BOB DD