[Amps] "Globe Electronics"

EP Swynar gswynar at durham.net
Sun Dec 24 08:17:10 EST 2006

To Any & All Toronto (Canada) Area Hams Reading This...

Does anyone know what's become of "Globe Electronics" on Keele Street...?

I stopped by John's newer store location, just south of his previous strip mall location, on Friday --- but it's now some sort of a pizza outlet, or something.

He was one of THE last surplus electronic jobbers still in business in this general area, & I used to love haunting his place whenever I was visting Toronto. He's still listed in the telephone book, but may well have shut down since the directory came out...I suspect that, judging by the way John LOVED his cigarettes, declining health (and age) may well have finally done him in...

I wonder what happened to all of his stock...? He had PILES of goodies & treasures in his place!

Gee, but that's now TWO surplus electronics outlets that have bitten the dust north of the 49th parallel --- the first was W.J. Ford Surplus Enterprises last autumn, up in Smiths Falls...

What's a guy like me gonna do...?!

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ