[Amps] GG in Class C?

Bruce Brackin n5six at bellsouth.net
Thu Feb 16 19:22:42 EST 2006

Is it possible and/or feasible to put a grounded grid linear into Class
C?  Reason I ask is my old Tempo/Henry 6n2 is used almost exclusively
for WSJT modes and they all do fine on Class C since they send single,
sequential tones.  Amp is configured as push-pull on 2m and parallel on
6m.  Current biasing arrangement is single 10v, 50w zener in cathode
circuit.  I would think the efficiency would be much better in class C
if that is possible and would seem to help the 3CX400A7/8874's along.
Searches and old handbooks haven't been much help.  Plenty of info out
there on tetrodes and biasing but not gg triodes.

Thanks - Bruce, N5SIX