[Amps] QSK

Jim Kearman jkearman at att.net
Thu Feb 23 16:37:03 EST 2006

From: Joe Isabella <n3ji at yahoo.com>
> You really need to lighten up.

Likewise, Joe, because I didn't criticize your favorite modes of operation, or imply that any given use of technology is unsat. You did. I _suggested_ people use a memory keyer to reduce mistakes and fatigue in pileups. You equated that to robot stations. You think using a memory keyer is too easy, but there are thousands of QRPers who would say the same thing about your Henry, or even your ricebox or Viking clone. Especially given the bandwidth a DSB AM signal consumes. There _is_ plenty of room for us all, and impugning people by making comparisons like that was out of line. I was using CW for almost a decade before you were born, as a civilian and in the military. I first worked for ARRL 12 years before you were licensed. When you upgraded to Tech, maybe you used Now You're Talking, or the ARRL license manual, which I edited about the time you upgraded. I've spent a great part of my life helping people get started in ham radio, no matter what their interests, even if they
 were no-coders. So, no, I don't take it as a joke when someone jumps on me for suggesting a simple device that has been around longer than you have.

73,

Jim, KR1S
http://kr1s.kearman.com/