[Amps] How about this furnace?

Joe Isabella n3ji at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 1 18:55:48 EST 2006

Sure, but sometimes conditions make across the state comms seem like across the ocean.  I'm in an Air Force comm unit and I asure you, 100W is definitetly NOT enough (and yes, I was in NO for a month).  We have 500W amps and even then it can be marginal.  As an experiment, I worked my Air Force unit from home -- they heard me loud & clear, while I had some difficulty hearing them.  Is that a scientific result?  No, but that and the fact that I use that equipment quite often is enough to convince me.

  Joe, N3JI