[Amps] RE : How about this furnace?

R.Measures r at somis.org
Mon Jan 2 12:34:00 EST 2006

On Jan 2, 2006, at 8:52 AM, hermans wrote:

> Only Dutchman do that........!!!!!
>
> But we have to admit they are smart guys ( in general )

Right, Dutchmen have designed a virtually flood-proof home that would
be ideal for hurricane country in the U.S..  The foundation is a steel
reinforced concrete box about 2.5 meters high.  The foundation does
triple duty:   it functions as a barge and floats the house plus cars
when waters come, it's a basement, and it's a house foundation.
Additionally, like the Quonset Hut, the roof is based on the Roman
arch, so it is able to survive high winds.   As I see it, this house
design is ideal for New Orleans.

congrats, Hollanders!