[Amps] How about this furnace?

crawfish crawfish at surfmore.net
Tue Jan 3 21:11:08 EST 2006

I knew a guy from North AL( recent SK) that would get one of his buddies who
had a better station to phone patch him in to the latest DX station.
Echolink before Echolink :-). Stayed on the Honor Roll by telephone. I think
some of the VHF/UHF crowd make their contacts on the phone rather than on
the radio. I guess folks are going to cheat no matter what. Reflects
society, IMHO. I never was a CB'er or outbander, so I can't relate. And,
BTW, I would never use more power than is what is needed, which in 33 years
of amateur radio has been 500 watts or less.
                                        Joe W4AAB
                                 Joe W4AAB
Subject: Re: [Amps] How about this furnace?

> Phil Clements wrote:
> >>When people say that amateur radio is only a hobby, I chortle.
> >
> > Years before computers, remote receivers, and the internet, wealthy hams
> > would call the rare DX station by telephone, arrange a frequency, and
keep
> > the line open until the QSO was made. This is documented in the book on
W6AM