[Amps] Plate choke and bypassing

John Popelish jpopelish at rica.net
Fri Jan 6 23:17:30 EST 2006

Sorry.  I thought a plate choke was not operated at resonance, just as
an inductive impedance between the plate signal and the DC supply.  I
agree that ferrite cores saturates with fewer ampere turns than
powdered iron ones do, but I think the cores I mentioned will
withstand about 10 ampere turns or so without saturating.  And I think
their high frequency losses go down when DC biased.

Bill Turner wrote:

 > Everything I've ever read on the subject says never use ferrite
cores in a resonant circuit. Powdered iron is the preferred material.
Ferrite saturates, powdered iron doesn't.