[Amps] MLA-2500 Power Supply Capacity

Bob Selbrede, K6ZZ k6zz at ccis.com
Fri Jan 20 00:23:53 EST 2006

Hi Gary,

You probably already got the answer by looking at the
message from W4ZT.  If not, the approach would be to cool
the 800A7's (or 8874's) by building a plenum underneath the
anode coolers.  Air from the existing fan or replacement
fan/blower would be fed into the plenum and through the
anode coolers.  This appears to be one fairly common
approach.  Another approach is to mount the tube(s)
horizontally, base(s) toward the rear, and again blow air
through the anode coolers, etc.

73, Bob K6ZZ