[Amps] Building or Buying a Tuned Input Network

Tony King - W4ZT amps080605 at w4zt.com
Mon Jan 23 02:16:00 EST 2006

I agree totally with Bob about the dangers of running the GS-35B at
voltages above 3800  Volts.  Though it has been done, it is a very risky
cloud to fly in and not where I would want to go.  There are plenty of
tube failures attributed to running the voltage too high.  Running Ep at
3800 will reduce the Ip, HF efficiency will be up a bit and drive will
be slightly less. All in all, very satisfactory for a hundred buck tube!

73, Tony W4ZT