[Amps] Building or Buying a Tuned Input Network

Vic K2VCO vic at rakefet.com
Mon Jan 23 13:51:34 EST 2006

Roger D Johnson wrote:
> Vic K2VCO wrote:
>
>> Then, when you have designed or stolen the values, build the networks
>> with mica compression trimmers for input capacitors, fixed silver mica
>> capacitors for the outputs, and T68 size toroid cores.
>

> I would recommend that the input capacitor be fixed as it set the Q
> of the circuit. I'd put the trimmer on the output to compensate for
> variations in circuit layout and tube input capacitance.

You're quite right.  I thought about this, but made the suggestion that
I did because it worked for me.  These circuits are very non-critical,
and if you can adjust the inductance and one capacitor it should allow
you to get a 1:1 SWR.  One other thing to keep in mind is that the
circuit should be mounted as close to the tube socket as possible.
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco