[Amps] measuring rf colis

Will Matney craxd1 at verizon.net
Tue Jan 24 20:47:03 EST 2006

Chuck,

Most stock chokes are measured at frequencies around 1 and 10 kHz using a precision LCR (bridge) meter. I have both the analog and digital bridges here and use both. There are some LCR meters by HP and a few others which can measure up to 10 MHz. Most all stock coils though like Ohmite are measured at around 1 to 10 kHz. The three top manufacturers of LCR meters is HP, ESI, and GenRad.

Best,

Will