[Amps] Copper / Brass strap?

John Popelish jpopelish at rica.net
Tue Jan 24 21:28:29 EST 2006

Jim Kearman wrote:
> I'm going to need to make connections between a 2-section bandswitch and the coil, padding caps and tuning/loading caps in a legal-limit HF amplifier. I'm looking at copper and brass sheet. I've never tried to bend or fold the stuff, so I'm not sure which one to use, nor what gauge. Suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

I wouldn't even consider brass, given its much higher resistance, and
less malleability.

You might go to McMaster Carr:
http://www.mcmaster.com/
and enter [copper strip] in the search box.
They have square edge strips, round edge strips and silver plated
square edge strips (though many only in larger sizes and thicknesses) .

For instance, a 1/16" thick, 1/2" wide 6' strip costs less than $8.