[Amps] What blower?

Dr. David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Fri Jan 27 18:19:33 EST 2006

Mike Bondarev wrote:
> Hi there!
> I'm a newcomer to this list and this is my first mail. I'm now in the
> process of collecting parts for my home brew project. It will be GC
> GU-84B (or maybe GU-78B) amplifier. I would like to buy Dayton 4C763
> 98CFM blower. I have just one source:
> http://www.electricmotorwarehouse.com/dayton_blower.htm
> Anyone can tell me, if this blower will not make to much noises and maybe
> there are some other sources for good blowers?
>
> Regards, Mike RL3BM

Hi,

You are approaching this the wrong way.

You should first get the data sheet on the tube and see what airflow it
needs and what back pressue will be developed at that flow.

Then you look at the fan data sheets to find one that provides the flow.

Then, and only then, should you worry about the noise.

If the fan is totally silent but so small your tube melts, it has not
been a good choice.