[Amps] What blower?

Mike Bondarev mikebond at tochka.ru
Sat Jan 28 16:31:49 EST 2006

 I have just found it on K7EM's home page
 http://www.bctonline.com/~skelly/index.htm :

 "I purchased this amplifier new from Henry Radio back in 1988 and have always been disappointed
 with the excessive blower noise caused by the poorly built Dayton 2C915 (140cfm) blower.
 First, mechanical noise was caused by induced low frequency vibrations in the cabinet from an
 out of balance squirrel cage (Dayton blowers are notorious for being
 poorly balanced)."

 Is it truth  about poor balance?

 "After a great deal of research and measuring, I chose a EBM G2E120-AR38-43
 (click link for catalog -- 1MB PDF file -- see page 19) blower as a replacement for the Dayton.
 The new blower uses a split capacitor motor which is much easier to speed control by using a
 capacitor in series with one of the motor leads.  Another advantage is the 'External Rotor'
 design which places the motor in the center of the squirrel cage.
 The motor runs very cool."

 What do you think of it?

 Mike RL3BM