[Amps] What blower?

Will Matney craxd1 at verizon.net
Sat Jan 28 23:09:20 EST 2006

We had discussed using the new infrared aimable thermometers for this. You aim the laser dot and read the temp. I was thinking Rich Measures was going to try this out using a Fluke model. If it was a sucess, I would like to know the outcome. I myself though of using one to check the coil temperatures on transformers running under full load. The outter coil temp can be used to extrapolate the internal temp at the mean radius of each coil this way. Has anyone tried this with any success yet?

Best,

Will