[Amps] RF Power Labs V360 PA finals sub

Will Matney craxd1 at verizon.net
Mon Jan 30 20:15:42 EST 2006

Bruce,

I've never seen any stud mounted RF transistors with a high output rating, something like 50-60W at the most. The reason why is the heat dissapation of the substrate inside. The stud mount gives less cooling area. Anything over that were flange mounted and had a greater cooling surface. Motorola was the primary mfg. at one time for a huge number of private labeled RF transistors like the MRF series, which I wouldn't doubt that those are. That's who private labeled those for RF Parts.

Best,

Will