[Amps] GS35B Amp 15 m Situation

Tony King - W4ZT amps080605 at w4zt.com
Sun Jul 2 23:55:14 EDT 2006

Mike,

Have you monitored the drive signal at the same time? Does the drive
signal come up immediately? Are you using a dynamic bias circuit? How do
you switch your bias? Are you using a tuned input circuit? Are you using
ALC?

There may be a problem with RF getting back into your driver. Do you
have everything bypassed well? Since it is frequency dependent, I would
suspect that cable lengths may be causing an RF feedback problem either
due to no tuned input or needing more bypassing.

73, Tony W4ZT