[Amps] GS35B Amp 15 m Situation

Mike k4gmh at arrl.net
Mon Jul 3 07:56:37 EDT 2006

Hello Tony,

Thanks for the suggestions on where to look.

I haven't monitored the drive signal.  The IC746 does have an
overshoot on the leading edge as its internal ALC catches up.  The
IC746, as observed on its display, does not exhibit the same hesitation.

The cut-off bias resistor (10K) is shorted by a relay contact on transmit.

The tuned pi input circuit is similar to the one you describe on your
web site, Tony.  A separate input circuit is used for each band.

The amp does not have an ALC circuit.

Additional bypass capacitors will be added to the cathode line going
to the bias board.  The same cable was used when the tune input
circuit was adjusted, but I'll try a different length of cable in
case something has changed.

You're probably right about this being some kind of feedback
problem.  Just have to find the path and eliminate it.

Thanks again for your suggestions and your web site.