[Amps] FL-2100B

David Douglass vk2nu at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jul 13 07:15:07 EDT 2006

Hi All,

I'm still in the process of restoring an old FL-2100B and have just replaced
a few door-knob caps that had fallen apart!!

I've just attempted to align the input coils and have managed this on all
bands with the exception of 20M, which has very high input SWR across the
whole range of the variable inductor. I've checked the inductor and 2 caps
that correspond to 20M, and these look structurally sound. Before I take
these out to check to see if they are still working, is there anything else
I should check that would effect 20m only ?

I've also noticed that the input coil alignment on the other bands is pretty
broad as well, but I have an input SWR of < 2:1 on all of these so I assume
that the issue is 20M related ???

Any help appreciated.

Regards

David, VK2NU