[Amps] Grid fuses (was: Life and gain of 3-500Z)

Will Matney craxd1 at verizon.net
Fri Jul 21 09:06:58 EDT 2006

Bill,

I could see this if the tube was operating and the electrons were flowing between the cathode and grid then back to the cathode via ground like it supposed to. Once the fuse/resistor opens, the grid could be less some electrons. Since the cathode is still emitting electrons that are being drawn to the anode across the grid, the grid would accept enough electrons to come into equilibrium. I can't see it though taking more charge after it's equalized, and just keep charging up to some higher potential which is what I was talking about earlier in other posts. That's just not possible, or I cant see it would be. Equilibrium yes, but other no.

Best,

Will