[Amps] making aluminum heat sinks black

Kenneth D. Grimm, K4XL kgrimm at adelphia.net
Sat Jul 22 10:00:26 EDT 2006

mike kendall wrote:
> Hello,
>     Just recieved a large 1foot long aluminum heat sink off ebay.  I read that it will work much more efficiently if painted black on one web page.  Any suggestions on the right kind of paint that will stick and not flake off and if it is worth making it black instead of leaving it as bare aluminum?
>   73,
>   Mike Kendall

I would use a spray can of flat black high temperature barbecue grill
paint.  Available most everywhere and certainly in your local Ace,
Lowe's, True Value, or Home Depot.

Ken K4XL
k4xl at arrl.net

*** BoatAnchor Manual Archive ***
On the web at http://bama.sbc.edu and http://bama.edebris.com
FTP site info: bama.sbc.edu login: anonymous p/w: youremailadr