[Amps] making aluminum heat sinks black

dcoffman at iquest.net dcoffman at iquest.net
Sat Jul 22 10:10:41 EDT 2006

Just a stupid question, what difference does it make what color it has as to
the heat it will dissipate?

Won't the paint interfere with the thermal contact with the actual metal?

I would imagine that you would need to "scuff" up the metal a little and use a
good primer to ensure that the paint stays.

73 - Doug