[Amps] PIN diode mods

Peter Voelpel df3kv at t-online.de
Wed Jul 26 07:27:06 EDT 2006

Pin diode modifications are useless if there is no circuit redesign to raise
the diode current to the correct value for the IMD improvement, the HP PIN
diodes Ulrich Rohde used in his articles need much more then standard
current.
If the "on" current is not raised the insertion loss improves IMD as any
attenuator does.

73
Peter