[Amps] emtron dx-1???

Harold Mandel ka1xo at juno.com
Mon Jun 5 14:44:08 EDT 2006

Looking at the pictures of the amplifier and knowing
what goes on with some Dx-types you might be looking at
an actual bargain.

What with Mil-Surplus Russki HV doorknobs in the high-KVaR
department and an un-neutralized final, control boards without
nomenclature on components, etc., it might be a real boatanchor!

As for hamfests, you never know. When I started on a re-mod
of a brand-new Alpha 77Sx in the early '80's I went and sold a
mint SB-220 with all the latest mods for $400 at the Deerfield
hamfest in NH, just for some ready cash, and it took twenty
minutes to do so.

So there are treasures still to be found. If you don't go, you
can't discover.  Lastly, just going for the eyeball-QSO's with
people worked but hardly ever met was worth the gas.

Hal
W4HBM