[Amps] IM distortion and such

Will Matney craxd1 at verizon.net
Tue Jun 27 12:39:21 EDT 2006

Joe,

Yes, I fully understand this. The Ameritron amp is not a class B amp either. I didn't see a listing included in the PDF for a class AB if I recall. It should be better operating in class AB. The other curves though are for higher plate voltage and currents than listed under maximums. These are for pulse rated, etc. The class B maximums do show though that a drop in plate voltage, and a small drop in plate current (10 mA) betters the IMD performance by 5 dB. It's sure to better it in class AB and A too.

Best,

Will