[Amps] Parasitic Suppressor 4-1000A

aborg a_borg at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 9 11:15:25 EST 2006

Hello Amp Users,

   I have a homebrew 4-1000A amplifier that works
perfect on every band but 20 meters. When I attempt to
load it arcs lightly on the 20 meter band switch. The
current parasitic suppressor is a 1 inch wide copper
silver laced strap, 3 turn coil 1 inch diameter with
two value resitors or inductors. I haven't taken then
apart to measure or determine what they really. When I
measure the , I vitually get nothing. I made another
suppressor using a copper tubing .25 inch that I
flattened with a hammer and silver tinned the ends.
Next I put 3 100 ohm 3 watt resistors in parallel and
did the normal resistor in the coil configuration.
When I key amp with this configuration, I get an awful
screeching sound and my computer monitor puts on a
small light show. The new sound and light show is only
with my newly created suppressor. Sorry this was so
long. Any suggestions ?

73's

Mike-KK4MS
a_borg at yahoo.com