[Amps] Washing equipment

Van K7VS wa7fab at cdsnet.net
Wed Mar 15 22:28:05 EST 2006

I learned of this method back in the late sixites and have used my
dishwasher, bathtub and a restaurant commecial washing system over the
years.  With everything from collins r390a's to heath.

PLUS in the mid eighties there was a terrible flood in the Marysville/Yuba
City area at which time I owned a radio station there.  Flew down and
extracted  equipment with help from the staff.  Most of it was completely
under water as we had six-seven feet in the building.  I washed everything
from satillite receiving equipment (for network stuff) to control room audio
boards, turntables,  cart play/record stuff et al.  That time I was able to
get into a closed out of business restaurant and used their commercial
dishwasher unit which was conveyer type wash/rinse unit.  We were back on
the air within 48 hours from the Restaurant with mostly the equipment
salvaged from the flood.  Fortunately the 5 KW transmitter was located on
the second floor of the flooded faclility.  So guess I can also attest to
the tek process.  Van, K7VS  Medford, Oregon